Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Love All of Your Work

At least that is what I keep telling myself. I was making this hat for my mom and like all projects it took way too long because I put it down, for a loooooong time. So I started it in October and finished knitting it by November and then it sat.....

So I needed to block it I wanted this totally stove pipe, square at the top hat, but in doing so it just got stretchy and too big. So I decided would have to felt it and that I did. It is just about the right size, but you can't see the fact that it is lovingly crafted out of individual diamonds all knit together. Sigh...

My husband Mark thinks it looks fine. But when whatever you are working on doesn't turn out the way you want it too (generally like the picture in the book), its disaster. But I keep telling myself, "Love all of your work." I'll tell my mom that when I send it to her. She has been waiting all winter for this hat. She'll have to wait until next winter to wear it.

No comments: